Saturday, March 5, 2011

Zucchini Spice Muffins

The boys like to eat muffins for breakfast..and lunch! So after they polished off the pumpkin chocolate chip ones this morning I decided I had better get to baking. Connor thought so too. He sat at the table most of the time I was baking asking for his muffin. Anyway, these were a hit. Evan ate 10 of these little ones and I finally just had to tell him no more. I had some left over vanilla frosting so I topped them with that and sprinkled cinnamon on top. This made 24 regular plus 24 minis...I only fill about 1/2 way instead of 2/3...then I froze a dozen so we'd have some next week too!

Zucchini Spice Muffins

1 box spice cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup applesauce
3 eggs
2 shredded zucchinis
1/2 cup raisins ( I left these out because I don't like raisins!)

1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix , water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 min. Stir in zucchini and raisins. Fill 1/2 - 2/3 way.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 min or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 min before removing cupcakes to wire racks to cool completely.

Servings: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment