Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WOW!

So apparently people have heard that I like to bake and am willing to do it for other people! This cupcake is a practice cupcake for the cousin of friend whose son is graduating from HS. She wants 100 cupcakes and a 1/4 sheet cake that is gluten-free. The theme is Earth since it'll be Earth Day so we're going to make these cupcakes and put chocolate balls on top that are wrapped in globe foil. Then for the cake she wants legos. My friend "borrowed" the lego brick candy mold from the mom that wants the cake so I could make the candy legos to go around the outside of the cake. I hope it all turns out like it is in my head!

Another friend wants me to make a lego cake for her son's birthday next month. This was my attempt at a large lego brick...didn't turn out so well. So we're doing brightly colored cupcakes with lego candy on top. I am also currently making 60 cupcakes to donate to her son's school for this Friday!

I'm a little nervous about starting to bake for other people. I want to know that it's going to turn out well each time and I'm just not to that point. I'm still experimenting with recipes and types of icing (which I have down pretty well). Eventually I'd like to do mostly organic, but that's too expensive while I'm still in the experimental stage and giving away (or throwing away) 2/3 of my projects!

Hopefully this will be something that I continue to find fun and can also do for other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment