Friday, March 4, 2011

Wilton Class 1

Wednesday night I started my first Wilton cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby. So today I thought I'd try the project I'm supposed to be able to do in class by next week. The cake came out rounded on top so I had to level it...pretty easy. Then I had to make the icing...not bad. Then I had to ice the cake...I kept getting crumbs in it. I definitely need to practice this a lot more. Then I had to wait for it to dry so I could smooth it...one spot wouldn't dry and kept sticking and caused lots of trouble. Then I had to make the cupcake on top..which is ok...needs a little work, but not bad for the first try. I ended up running out of icing so I used canned icing for the beading around the bottom...which I really struggled with. So all in all it was an ok job. I did manage to give it to a neighbor so I can work on the other one I made and still need to decorate for book club on Monday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment