Thursday, April 7, 2011

Flowers & Cake Design Class 1


So the 2nd class in the Wilton line of cake classes started this week. It's called Flowers and Cake design and one of the other moms from P-ville is taking with me! We made the fondant and gum paste button flowers last night. We also made some pansies, but they were ugly so I threw them away! (I'll post when I figure those out.) I need to practice all the flowers that we learned last night. We also learned how to make Royal Icing in order to make more flowers next week! I need to figure out what my final cake is going to look like! That may be the hardest part of the whole class!

I have my first "customer" this weekend! Another Mickey Mouse cake! She told me I should charge more...since I'm only charging her what it will cost me to make it in supplies, but what she doesn't realize is that I might flub it up and I don't want to charge her for a good cake if it's gonna be gross! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment